What to do when involved in an automobile accident
- Call the police immediately and an ambulance if necessary.
- Do not admit liability.
- Record details of the accident including date, time, location, description of the accident, any injuries, etc.
- Record details concerning the other party and vehicle, such as owner's name and address, phone number, vehicle year, make and model, plate number, and insurance policy number and company.
- Obtain a copy of the police report from the attending officer, as this will have the accident report number for future reference.
- Click here to view Fault Determination Rules.
These tips are only a few general rules of thumb, and may not fit all situations. Call your insurance broker for further assistance and information.