Cottage and Seasonal Property Insurance
Avoid coverage surprise on your cottage property. Make sure you have the following:
- Comprehensive coverage on building and contents.
- Replacement cost on contents.
- Separate insurance for boats over $1,000 in value.
- Proper insurance for boathouses, bunkies, and detached garages.
- Enough insurance to rebuild the dwelling (brand new) in the event of total loss.
- If ownership is shared with a family member or friend, make sure both names appear on the insurance policy.
- If you frequently rent the cottage, make sure your insurance company is aware.
If you are unsure about your cottage insurance or if you have questions, please call our cottage experts at your nearest Neziol Insurance Group location and talk to someone who understands the special needs of cottagers. Neziol Insurance Group offers a wide variety of cottage policies from the leading insurance companies in Canada and can tailor a policy for your unique needs.
How can I reduce the cost of my cottage insurance?
- Make sure you are receiving all the discounts you are entitled to including mature citizen, non-smoker and claim free.
- Insure your cottage with the same company that insures your home and auto to qualify you for a multi-policy discount.
- Increase your deductible to $1,000.
Home Insurance Products
When was the last time you updated your cottage or vacation rental property insurance? Maybe you are bringing out your summer toys such as boats, motorcycles and ATVs. If you are headed out on a short-term or extended trip abroad this summer, we've compiled tips to help you cover off any necessary items to enjoy your holiday. Now is the perfect time to contact your Neziol-BrokerLink broker to ensure you are ready for the adventures that await you this summer.